Technical Press review January 2016
Technical Press review
Dear followers, here is my 10th « Technical News » which is mainly press review around Continuous Integration, development and DevOps tooling.
As you know, Continuous Integration is not only a way to build automatically, but also a path to development industrialisation.
That’s why you will find here news on Web development, build tools, architecture (API design) but also methods and processes (like DevOps).
A focus on Gitlab project, which deliver new versions almost every 3 days!
AngularJS v2 beta is out, with a lot of improvements. It is still possible to give feedback to the team through GitHub.
Android Studio v2 preview is out with improvements on the emulator.
I hope you will find here some interesting information on your current investigations. Most of them are in English, but some are in French.
Don’t hesitate to comment these informations if you think they could be useful for our current challenges.
The Gitlab project deliver almost every 3 days a new version.
And a new version is set of various distributions : CE and EE version, Linux EL6 and EL7…
Here they explain how they deliver and how they manage their roadmap.
- Why we shift objectives and not release dates at GitLab – GitLab
- Announcing Git LFS Support in GitLab – GitLab
- GitLab 8.3 released with Auto-merge and GitLab Pages – GitLab
- GitLab 8.3.2 Released – GitLab
- GitLab Direction – GitLab
- How to see into the future at GitLab – GitLab
Google is preparing the delivery of AngularJS v2 which bring lot of features.
The beta version available allow to test it.
- Angular 2 Beta
- A new Jenkins website
- Comparing Angular, Aurelia and React- Is there a next-gen JS framework that rules them all- – AE Blog
- Préparer la migration de AngularJS 1.x vers AngularJS 2.0 – Maxlab
Google has delivered a preview of the Android Studio v2.
Lots of performance improvements and a more useful Android Emulator.
- Android Studio 2.0 Preview- Android Emulator – Android Developers Blog
- Android N doing away with Oracle’s Java APIs, OpenJDK to be the new standard – Android Authority
- dotSwift 2016 – deuxième édition de la conférence sur Swift à Paris – MacGeneration
- Ionic and Angular 2 – The Official Ionic Blog
The build links are mainly on Gradle which become more and more the main build tool for Java development.
- Building Continuous Delivery LinkedIn Case Study – Gradle
- Buildship – From its Inception to its Inclusion in Eclipse Mars.1 – Gradle
- Continuous Delivery at LinkedIn- Gradle In The Enterprise
- Gradle l The Leading Enterprise Build Automation System
How to setup a continuous delivery pipelin in Jenkins.
- Pipeline-as-code with Multibranch Workflows in Jenkins
- SonarLint for Eclipse 1.1 Released – SonarSource
- SonarQube Java 3.9 Released – SonarSource
- 10 Signs When Projects Are Doomed to Failure – DZone Agile
- Docker and Security- How do they fit together- – JAXenter
- Docker Has Turned Us All into SysAdmins — Packt Publishing — Medium
- Quoi d’neuf Docker –
- Microservices at Spotify
- Neat new features in Git 2.7 – Atlassian Developers
- Soat blog » Tester une API REST Spring MVC avec le Spring TestContext Framework
- The Netflix Tech Blog- Linux Performance Analysis in 60,000 Milliseconds
- The Twelve-Factor App
- Vagrant pour les développeurs – Speaker Deck