here is the 6th press review of Jamkey, which is mainly press review around Continuous Integration, development and DevOps tooling.
As you know, Continuous Integration is not only a way to build automatically, but also a path to development industrialisation.
That’s why you will find here news on tools (like JHipster), architecture (API design) but also methods and processes (like DevOps).
This press review focus on development tools, and cloud with the Spring Boot 1.3 release and powerful integration with devtools and Docker and CoreOS unite to start the Open Container Project and standardize runtime, image format.
Geneva SonarQube Conference will take place the 23 & 24 of Spetember.
Facebook Infer bring open source static analysis to mobile Objective-C and JS developments.
Interesting article on the « Release Manager » role, which is often the invisible hero of development projects.
Google is setting up a GitHub rival : Google Cloud Source Repositories
Still lot of news on Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus. And also articles around Micro-Services and Cloud.
I hope you will find here some interesting information on your current investigations. Most of them are in English, but some are in French.
Don’t hesitate to comment these informations if you think they could be useful for our current challenges.
- DevTools in Spring Boot 1.3
- The Top 10 new features of Eclipse Mars
- IntelliJ IDEA 15 EAP is Open – JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog
- An early look at the IntelliJ IDEA 15 features
- Go 1.5 is out- Say goodbye to C
- Retour sur l’Eclipse Con France 2015 – Duchess France
- Pourquoi les développeurs entrent-ils dans une guerre des tranchées, lorsqu’il est question de langage de programmation –
- Outils pour un meilleur workflow entre designers et développeurs – Blog Xebia France
- Facebook propose son EDI Nuclide en open source aux développeurs, pour une variété de langages de programmation et technologies
- How to Highlight Your TODOs, FIXMEs, & ERRORs In Xcode ? KrakenDev
- Release Manager – The invisible hero
- GitLab 7.12.2 released
- Node.js Foundation Advances Community Collaboration, Announces New Members and Ratified Technical Governance
- Feedback on the first edition of the conference « Best Of Web »
- Standard ECMA-262 JS Web
- Versioning : A social network for Web developers
- Material Design Lite
- Google reveals the « Material Design Lite » framework, for the design of sites with Material Design specifications
- XebiaLabs launches XL TestView- First of kind test results management and analysis software
- Continuous Delivery : Slow but steady improvements over time
- DevOps and Microservices to take the focus at JAX London 2015
- DevOps Leadership Series: Compliance, Testing, and Rugged
- DevOpsCulture from Martin Fowler bliki
- Does DevOps Reduce Technical Debt ?
- The Cost to DevOps 27 Mufflers
- Continuous roll out – huge profits, but big challenges
- Swift 2 new features
- Let us exploit the code coverage in Swift
- An update on Eclipse Android Developer Tools
- Gradle for Android and Java
- Groovy on Android for the Paris Android User Group
- Facebook Infer – A static analyzer for mobile apps
- We’ve Got You Covered in XCode 7
- An Introduction to Cost of Delay in Agile
- The Arrow ? An advanced Kanban board Agile
- Transition Agile Bottom-up, every evolution do not require revolutions
- SonarQube » Geneva SonarQube Conference ? Sept. 23 & 24
- How Facebook Infer Can Make your Software Safer
- Integrating SonarQube with Nexus Lifecycle
- SonarQube Swift 1.4 Released
- SonarQube Swift 1.5 Released
- SonarQube Swift Plugin Offers Mature Functionality for Young Language
- Water Leak Changes the Game for Technical Debt Management
- Building and Deploying a JHipster App with Jenkins
- Integrating SonarQube with Nexus Lifecycle
- 5 Features in Java 9 that WILL change how you develop software (and 2 that won’t)
- Oracle proposes G1 as the default Garbage Collector for Java 9
- REST web services metrics Spring Boot example
- Docker and CoreOS unite to start the Open Container Project and standardize runtime, image format
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0 Now Available
- Bitnami Blog- Bitnami Container Images for Docker – Now in Beta
- Bluemix Coding Challenge
- Canonical and Joyent bring container-native infrastructure to Linux
- Microservices ? the most frequently asked questions
- Plateforme LAMP avec Docker Compose
- DockerCon 2015
- Google is setting up a GitHub rival : Google Cloud Source Repositories
- Le Blog d’Ippon Technologies
- Free software and open source: the two concepts are sometimes used in an interchangeable way, but what is the difference
- Answers to 8 key questions about the free businesses and other emergent organizations