This press review focus on Web development with the release of Google Polymer the WebComponent framework of Google.
Swift (Apple programming language) version 2 is released …. on Open Source !
Angular 1.4 is out, with lots of new features!
Still lot of news on Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus.
And also articles around Micro-Services and Continuous Delivery.
I hope you will find here some interesting information on your current investigations. Most of them are in English, but some are in French.
Don’t hesitate to comment these informations if you think they could be useful for our current challenges.
- Angular 1.4.0 is out (30 new features and more than 100 bugs corrected)
- Polymer 1.0 is out – Google wants to share new experience with the Web
- Microsoft Edge – Chakra core optimzed : test shows better performance than IO11, Chrome and FireFox
- Node for API Architecture Express ecosystem (REST services)
- Simple Blog Application with AngularJS and Play Framework
- This year, Chrome could be above Internet Explorer in business
- Google I-O 2015 – 10 grandes annonces de la keynote – BlogNT
- Google I-O 2015 – Google officialise Brillo, son système d’exploitation dédié à l’internet des objets
- Google leads cloud storage race to zero – Business Insider
- A full JS applciation example : Xebia TV 2.0
- What is DevOps? Can You Define It ? Interesting article on one of the main question around Devops:
- Easy DevOps On-ramp for App Builders – Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management
- Building Real Software Architecture in DevOps
- CloudBees CEO Sacha Labourey on DevOps, CI and the latest in Jenkins
- DevOps implementation example
- What Are Your DevOps Goals? Shipping Faster or…
- Why DevOps really is about culture
- Implementing Continuous Delivery
- You Cannot Have Exactly-Once Delivery
- Swift is becoming Open Source
- iTunes – Books – The Swift Programming Language (Swift 2 Prerelease) by Apple Inc.
- Google I-O 2015 – Android Studio can be used by C-C++ developers, Google released the Preview of the v1.3
- Google I-O 2015- Google’s Internet of Things platform, Android Studio 1.3, Polymer 1.0 and Android M – SD Times
- Gradle for Android and Java – Udacity
- Introducing new Android training programs with Udacity – Android Developers Blog
- Mobile development feedback with « Le Monde » part 1
- Tablet market in France
- Agile Fix the Environment, Not the People. 4 Levers for Affecting the Culture.
- Is Agile dead The state of affairs in Agile
- Why we are always fail the estimation – the short sprints are the solution, a senior affirms
- Why good developers write bad code in the Agile perspective
- SonarQube 5.1.1 Released
- SonarQube Cobol 2.7 Released SonarSource
- SonarQube Gradle 1.0 Released SonarSource
- SonarQube Java 3.3 Released SonarSource
- The SonarQube COBOL Plugin Tracks Sneaky Bugs in Conditions
- JUC Speaker Blog Series Will Soula, JUC U.S. East Jenkins CI
- JUC Speaker Blog Series- Damien Coraboeuf, JUC Europe – Jenkins CI
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi : The main challenge for Jenkins is with itself
- Why is Jenkins’s Incremental Build feature not working with Maven
- Continuous Delivery and Nexus
- Nexus and RunDeck- Tools for DevOps
- Nexus OSS Meets NuGet
- 12 Tools That I Use for Writing Unit and Integration Tests
- Continuous Testing- What Exactly is It
- Importance of Testing From Developer’s Point of View
- Injecting Mockito mocks into the Spring Context – Alfredo Diaz @ therore.net
- Maven Test Isolation
- Prioritizing Tests and Tasks With Software Testing
- Software testing no longer stands alone – SD Times
Architecture and languages
- 8 Questions You Need to Ask About Microservices, Containers & Docker in 2015 Voxxed
- Arquillian, Docker and Testing in Containers – Voxxed
- Configuring A Spring Boot Application
- Dart moving entirely to GitHub, Google wanting the open-source sauce
- Devoxx Presentations – Guillaume Laforge’s Blog
- Gartner Says Worldwide Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service Spending to Grow 32.8 Percent in 2015
- Happy second birthday, Java EE 7! How is it going in production-
- Java Deathmatch – Takipi
- Java Micro Frameworks- The New Trend You Can’t Ignore – Takipi Blog
- Spring Boot 1.3.0.M1 Available Now
- Swagger 2.0 Tooling released – Swagger
- The dangers of spaghetti code
- The Java Museum ? 20 years of Java quotes, memories and photos
IDE and Dev Tools
- An introduction to the top programming IDEs and code editors
- Docker meets the IDE – Zenika
- Docker 1.6 et son écosystème – Zenika
- GitLab, Gitorious, and Free Software
- OpenShift 3 – le PaaS privé avec Docker – OCTO talks !
- Running Java EE Applications as Docker Containers Using Maven – Voxxed
- Understanding the developer’s new worklife in the Cloud
- « The target of PaaS is to give freedom to the developers », discussion with Pivotal on the open source platform « Cloud Foundry »